According to abbreviationfinder, TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. International standardized test that measures the ability of the non-native speaker to use and understand American English as it is spoken, written, and heard in undergraduate and graduate academic settings in the United States. It can also be applied for work purposes or to apply for scholarships.
Who takes it?
More than 35 million people around the world have taken the TOEFL test to demonstrate their proficiency in the English language. The average level of English skills varies between Intermediate and Advanced.
- Students planning to study at an institution of higher education.
- As an entrance and exit exam for English language learning programs.
- Candidates for scholarships and certifications.
- English language learners who want to know your progress.
- Students and workers who are applying for visas.
- Format: By computer in authorized centers.
- Topics: The TOEFL iBT is divided into four sections and measures listening, reading, speaking and writing skills in the English language.
- Total duration: 4 and a half hours
- The TOEFL test has more than 50 test dates per year at authorized test centers around the world.
- You can repeat the test as many times as you like, but you cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period.
According to topschoolsintheusa, TOEFL iBT score ranges from 0 to 120.
3 – 4 texts
10 questions per text
54 – 72 questions
3 – 4 class audios; 6 questions each
2 – 3 conversation audios; 5 questions each
41 – 57 minutes
For more information, enter the following link: https://www.ets.org/toefl/better_test_experience
Day of exam
The ICPNA as an authorized center will administer the exam on the following days:
January: 4, 11 and 18
February: 1, 15 and 28
March: 7, 14, 20 and 28
April: 3, 4 and 25
May: 16 and 30
June: 13 and 20
July: 11, 18 and 25
August: 8, 22 and 29
September: 11, 18, 19 and 26
October: 17, 24 and 31
November: 7, 13 and 21
December: 5, 11, 12 and 19
For more information, please visit the official exam page: https://www.ets.org/toefl/
In the TOEFL iBT exam preparation course the student practices the activities that are part of the exam. The course is offered every month at the Miraflores, La Molina and San Miguel campuses. The student is instructed in the strategies that will help them to take the exam with confidence and focuses on the skills they must develop in order to achieve a successful result. Study materials are included in the registration fee, and include an original copy of the text and a CD-ROM with content that simulates the computer exam. The student also has the possibility of making use of the language laboratory (Self-Access Center). There are two preparation courses of one month each for the TOEFL test. In each course the student practices reading and listening comprehension exercises, oral and written production similar to those of the exam. The requirement to enroll in this course is to have completed the advanced level in Dictionary and Journal or to accredit said level through the classification exam. It is worth mentioning that, if the interested party has completed their studies at the Dictionary and Journal in a period not exceeding one year, they can access this preparation course without taking the classification exam. For this, it is necessary to have the respective certificate at the time of enrollment. You can access this preparation course without taking the qualification exam.