Essential elements for customizing your kitchen faucets come in all styles. After you define the style of tap, choose the ideal model: Blender, mixer or mixer with hand shower.
Peculiarities of a sink faucet
A sink faucet consists of a metal body completed by a mobile beak usually fitted with an aerator or “foam” and one or two control sticks.
There are different types of beaks.
- Beak sunk: a part of the body of the valve and the spout have been melted together.
- Beak melted: throughout the body of the valve and the spout was melted in one piece. This facilitates cleaning.
- Beak reported: beak is melted only then “fixed” to the body of the tap.
- A mixer has two handles, one for cold water and one for hot water.
- The handles are identified by a lozenge or a any brand:blue water cold, red for hot water.
- Valve heads are mechanisms for opening and closing by tightening the joints.Joints must be changed each year to avoid leakage.
- Heads with ceramic discs are both more resistant to wear, more accurate and more comfortable than the valve heads. They open and close in a quarter or half turn only. In case of leakage, we must change the complete head.
The mixer can be operated with one hand, a great comfort.
- The mixer is distinguished by a single order that governs both the flow and the temperature of the water.
- The mixer can be operated with one hand, for a better comfort of use.
- The water temperature is controlled by lateral movement of the controller and flow, by vertical movement.
- There are mixers have a notching flow restrictor. At the opening of the valve, the throttle hangs halfway. In this position, 50% of the maximum flow is available. Simply to exert a stronger pull on the lever to achieve 100% throughput.
- Some models are equipped with an anti-scald ring: it allows to limit the opening of hot water, while ensuring the control of energy consumption.
Good to know: the guarantee of the taps is variable depending on the model (from 2 to 10 years). It protects against potential manufacturing defects but does not cover the risks related to the use of aggressive cleaning products or the hardness of the water that can damage them.
The selection will be based on the type of faucet defined on digopaul.com: blender or mixer, the shape of the beak, its aesthetics, of the presence of a removable or not, spray the positioning of the sink.
Style of tap
The kitchen fitting is now available in a very wide range of styles and finishes.
- There are aspects of the chrome (shiny, satin) as well as various style of finishing first (brass, stainless steel and copper way older…).
- In addition,color coatings returning original shades for a touch of cheerfulness in the kitchen.
- Do not hesitate to mix styles:a ‘retro’ tap will bring an original touch in a modern kitchen.
The contemporary faucet asserts itself by generally clean lines that no longer hesitate to include angles for an even more surprising design.
The retro fitting re-edit decorative models of yesteryear.
Mixer with hand shower or extractable Frother
The mixers with handshower or extractable Frother have the same benefits as the mixers.
- A single command to adjust quickly and simultaneously the flow and temperature.
- They have a removable shower head (or a Frother). The spray may have a normal jet or two jets (a normal jet and a jet “rain”).
This type of mixer allows cleaning of vegetables, rinse the dishes, etc. This extractable handshower also facilitates the cleaning of the sink or the filling of containers.
There are models “heads” to look, worthy of the greatest restaurants.
To respond to specific uses, there are “specific” taps
- If the “sink in front of a window: choose a faucet with a beak very low height or a folding spout.It will allow to open the window.
- To have free hands: the infrared commandis ideal. No need to touch the faucet, the water flows as soon as the hands themselves, and stops running when the hands are pulling out.
- To have filtered water: choose a water tap with two outputs, a normal water outlet and a filtered water outlet.
- The telescopic tap allows to cover his sink.
- For a wall installation, there are wall taps to set.
Good to know: it is recommended to choose his cock with his sink to ensure that the length of the beak well.
Quality of a faucet
- The quality of a tap is measured to his comfort of use, durability and safety of use.
- The NF mark ensures the mixer a quality coating, good resistance to wear, its seal, its flow and its acoustic performance.
Maintenance of a faucet
- To keep your cock beautiful and in perfect condition as long as possible, the ideal is of clean it after each use. But attention! Not a product of ammonia, acetate or Corrosives. A sponge and clear water are enough.
- For a more in-depth interview and the residual limestone: SOAP on a soft sponge, rinse and wipe will restore the shine to your taps.
- Regularly descale the Frother.
- Unscrew the aerator (foam) placed at the end of the spout regularly and remove impurities and traces of limestone in white vinegar.
- A water softener prolongs the life of your faucet.
Good to know: for thermostatic mixers, operate the temperature adjustment lever on the cold water at least once a week. The run for 2 minutes and reposition the lever on the desired temperature. This action allows to maintain the operating mechanism of the temperature probe.
- Through a mixer: a single order for the hot water and cold water allows to obtain the desired temperature faster than with a blender.
- With an infrared mixer: water only flows when you approach the hands of the detector.
- Through a cartridge: some mixers are equipped with cartridge with 2 positions to limit the water flow. Between the 2, you can feel a hard spot during the handling of the joystick. Before the hard point, the flow is reduced; After the hard point, the flow is maximum.
- With a Frother: a faucet already equipped with “series” or that you equip yourself a Frother can save up to 50% water, without reducing usability.
Good to know: the average throughput of a faucet for sink is 12 litres per minute. Water saving systems can reduce this flow by up to 50%.
- Through a mixer: with the central opening is on cold water.The production of hot water is not sought, you save energy.
- Thanks to a thermostat: a thermostat allows you to set a very precise and quick temperature of water through the indicated graduations.
Water and energy savings
Some models of faucets have a ranking “C3”.
This classification C3 (determined by an independent laboratory, CSTB) is attributed to faucets that have a function water saving and energy saving function.
KOHLER Parq 2-Handle Bridge Kitchen Faucet with Side …
Best Contemporary Kitchen Faucets
Polished Brass Shower Faucet Set
Water Faucet PNG Transparent Water Faucet.PNG Images …
220V 3000W Electric Heating Tap Tankless Electric Water …
Pagosa Waterfall Deck-Mount Tub Faucet
Knox Waterfall Vessel Faucet with Pop-Up Drain
Great Brown Granite Countertops : Style of Brown Granite …
33" Gostyn Double-Bowl Cast Iron Drop-In Kitchen Sink …
1/2 Inch Rubber Tap Hose Pipe Connector Adjustable Mixer …
Sink options for your Colorado Kitchen Lenova Kohler …
MOEN Wynford Moentrol Single-Handle 1-Spray Shower Faucet …
33" Angove Double-Bowl Cast Iron Farmhouse Sink
Curved Hammered Copper Pedestal Sink
Noble Products Wash, Rinse, Sanitize, and Water Level …
Pyramid Baking Pan Silicone Cooking Mat Pastry Mold Sheet …
Choosing A New Delta Touch2O Kitchen Faucet # …
Oil Rubbed Bronze Kitchen Sink — House Of Eden : Choose …