FYI is an abbreviation for the English term “For your information”, in Spanish it means “for your information”. In the workplace, there is a set of codes at the time of sending communications by email or physical in order to save time and reach the other person a message in which it must be fulfilled, this is the case of the acronym FYI FYI is incorporated into the body or subject of the message, in order to indicate to the recipient that the information attached is solely and exclusively informative and, therefore, does not require a response.
Likewise, when the letter “J” is added at the beginning of the acronym “FYI”, that is, “JFYI” means “Just for your information” that in Spanish is the same as “only for your information”, it contemplates the same purpose is an informational message that does not require response or any action by the recipient.
As illustrated on a webpage of Abbreviationfinder.org, email matters or bodies have different acronyms that will be known by the worker as he becomes familiar with them, such as:
- “FYA” stands for “For your action” or “For your attention” which means “for your action” or “for your attention”, in this case, the recipient must answer the email and take action as far as requested in it.
- “FGY” means “For your guindance” translated into Spanish is “for your guidance”, it indicates that the email contains instructions that must be followed.
A gentilicio is that adjective or noun that indicates a relationship with a geographical place, be it a neighborhood, a town, a city, a state, a province, a region, a political entity, a country, a continent, etc. You can visit digopaul.com for more definitions.
The word, as such, comes from the Latin gentilicius, derived from gentīlis, which means ‘that it belongs to the same nation or to the same lineage’, hence it can also refer to people or nations, lineages or families.
In addition, the gentilicio can be substantiated, that is, instead of saying “the Mexican individual”, we can say “the Mexican”.
In the Spanish language, the gentilicios usually are formed with a vast variety of suffixes that are added to the root of the place name or name of the place of belonging, as, for example: -a, -aco, -aíno, -án, -ano, -ar, -ario, -asco, -eco, -ego, -enco, -eno, -ense, -year, -eo, -ero, -és, -esco, -í, -iego, -ino , -isco, -ita, -o, -ol, -ota, -uco and -uz, and their respective female variants.
There are also particular gentilicios, which are related to historical, cultural or traditional aspects, and which do not respond precisely to the normal formation of gentilicios. For example, the people of Alcalá de Henares, in Spain, are known as Complutense, as they derive from Complutum, a name with which the city was known in Roman times.
On the other hand, the name of each person usually corresponds to that of the place of birth or origin of the person. However, there is also the gentilicio by adoption, which is the one that is adopted when you have lived a long time in a place or when an attachment to the place where you reside is developed: “I am Lima from the heart”.
Gentilicio e hipocorístico
The gentilicio is the form by which we designate the persons belonging or natural of a certain place. On the other hand, the hypocoristic is the designation by which people of a certain place are called by affection, and that over time they acquired a certain value of affectionate, friendly and even jocular treatment, such as the chilangos in Mexico City, the cachacos in Bogotá, Buenos Aires in Buenos Aires, Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico or Costa Ricans. At the beginning, some of the hypocorists were pejorative, but over time they acquired a certain affectionate, friendly or jocular value.
- Water Dictionary Definitions - Water is the liquid substance, transparent, odorless, colorless and tasteless, essential for the development of life on Earth, whose molecular composition is made up of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen, manifests in its chemical formula H2O. The word comes from the Latin aqua , which means, effectively, ‘water’. As such, water is the most abundant substance on the planet, to […]
- Hot Springs Dictionary Definitions - The hot springs are those underground waters that spring from a spring, whose mineral components and temperatures above the environmental average are said to have therapeutic properties. They are found in areas near volcanoes or tectonic faults. They descend to the interior of the earth, where they heat up and then rise to the surface, either as […]
- Black Hole Dictionary Definitions - A black hole is an area in space where the gravitational field is so strong that it prevents even light from escaping. The concept of such an enormous object that light could not escape was first suggested, in 1783, by geologist John Michelll (1724-1793) and the term “black hole” was the idea of theoretical physicist John Wheeler […]
- Determination Dictionary Definitions - The determination is the commitment, perseverance, diligence or obstinacy with which we do something. The word, as such, derives from the verb hinca , which in turn comes from the Latin vulgar figicāre , which means ‘to fix something in a place’. In this sense, we do something hard when we are determined to fulfill or fulfill a specific purpose. Thus, […]
- Deepen Dictionary Definitions - To deepen is a word whose meaning varies according to the context in which it is used. Its most common use refers to deepen or dig deeper into something or a situation that indicates a physical space or a symbolic situation. For example, “The hole had to be deepened a little more so that it was possible to […]
- Agricultural Activity Dictionary Definitions - Agriculture is the part of the primary sector formed by agriculture and livestock or livestock responsible for obtaining natural resources for the production of consumer goods and raw materials, used in the preparation of products of great importance for modern life, which constitutes the secondary sector. The agricultural activity had its beginnings in the Neolithic period. As such, the […]
- Open Dictionary Definitions - Open is the execution of an action in order to discover something that was closed or that was not accessible to the naked eye. The word open derives from the Latin aperire. It is a regular verb whose participle is open and gerund is opening. It is conjugated like all verbs with ending -ir. For example, in the present tense it […]
- The 20 Most Used Abbreviations in Social Networks and Their Meaning - Abbreviations are shortened words or acronyms of expressions that are used to use due to the speed with which we communicate today through social networks. Therefore, written language has been significantly modified, and users make significant use of abbreviations or acronyms daily in their communications. Thus, the use of abbreviations has been extended in the various social networks, […]
- Ab ovo Dictionary Definitions - Ab ovo is a Latin phrase that means ‘from the beginning’. It is composed with the Latin preposition ab , which means ‘from’, and the noun ovo , which translates ‘egg’, that is, from the egg, from the most remote origin, from the beginning of everything. The expression was taken from Horacio, who uses it to contrast the way in which Homer approached […]
- Abortion Dictionary Definitions - As abortion is called the interruption of pregnancy before twenty – third week of gestation. It can be caused by natural causes, spontaneously, or deliberately induced. The word comes from the Latin abortus, which means ‘birth deprivation’. The issue of abortion has always been very controversial, and involves a series of ethical, moral and legal considerations, as well as social, economic or religious ones. There are differentiated […]