FYI is an abbreviation for the English term “For your information”, in Spanish it means “for your information”. In the workplace, there is a set of codes at the time of sending communications by email or physical in order to save time and reach the other person a message in which it must be fulfilled, this is the case of the acronym FYI FYI is incorporated into the body or subject of the message, in order to indicate to the recipient that the information attached is solely and exclusively informative and, therefore, does not require a response.
Likewise, when the letter “J” is added at the beginning of the acronym “FYI”, that is, “JFYI” means “Just for your information” that in Spanish is the same as “only for your information”, it contemplates the same purpose is an informational message that does not require response or any action by the recipient.
As illustrated on a webpage of Abbreviationfinder.org, email matters or bodies have different acronyms that will be known by the worker as he becomes familiar with them, such as:
- “FYA” stands for “For your action” or “For your attention” which means “for your action” or “for your attention”, in this case, the recipient must answer the email and take action as far as requested in it.
- “FGY” means “For your guindance” translated into Spanish is “for your guidance”, it indicates that the email contains instructions that must be followed.
A gentilicio is that adjective or noun that indicates a relationship with a geographical place, be it a neighborhood, a town, a city, a state, a province, a region, a political entity, a country, a continent, etc.
The word, as such, comes from the Latin gentilicius, derived from gentīlis, which means ‘that it belongs to the same nation or to the same lineage’, hence it can also refer to people or nations, lineages or families.
In addition, the gentilicio can be substantiated, that is, instead of saying “the Mexican individual”, we can say “the Mexican”.
In the Spanish language, the gentilicios usually are formed with a vast variety of suffixes that are added to the root of the place name or name of the place of belonging, as, for example: -a, -aco, -aíno, -án, -ano, -ar, -ario, -asco, -eco, -ego, -enco, -eno, -ense, -year, -eo, -ero, -és, -esco, -í, -iego, -ino , -isco, -ita, -o, -ol, -ota, -uco and -uz, and their respective female variants.
There are also particular gentilicios, which are related to historical, cultural or traditional aspects, and which do not respond precisely to the normal formation of gentilicios. For example, the people of Alcalá de Henares, in Spain, are known as Complutense, as they derive from Complutum, a name with which the city was known in Roman times.
On the other hand, the name of each person usually corresponds to that of the place of birth or origin of the person. However, there is also the gentilicio by adoption, which is the one that is adopted when you have lived a long time in a place or when an attachment to the place where you reside is developed: “I am Lima from the heart”.
Gentilicio e hipocorístico
The gentilicio is the form by which we designate the persons belonging or natural of a certain place. On the other hand, the hypocoristic is the designation by which people of a certain place are called by affection, and that over time they acquired a certain value of affectionate, friendly and even jocular treatment, such as the chilangos in Mexico City, the cachacos in Bogotá, Buenos Aires in Buenos Aires, Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico or Costa Ricans. At the beginning, some of the hypocorists were pejorative, but over time they acquired a certain affectionate, friendly or jocular value.
- Market Research Dictionary Definitions - Abbreviated as MR by abbreviationfinder, market research is a tool used by companies to obtain information about the market in which they operate or intend to operate. It serves both for an entrepreneur to test an idea and for companies already in operation to evaluate the direction of their business. Among the main purposes of […]
- GUI Dictionary Definitions - According to abbreviationfinder, GUI stands for Graphical User Interface. After World War II, the United States was the center of technological innovation. In the 1950s, computers were large and rare machines, and their users highly skilled specialists. These early computers were equipped with command line numeric interfaces. Over time the technology evolved and the market […]
- Fédération Internationale de Football Association Dictionary Definitions - According to abbreviationfinder, Federation Internationale de Football Association is commonly known as FIFA. A decade without a World Championship The World Championship was to have been played for the fourth time in 1942. However, in the 1938 Congress held in Paris, the designation of an organizing country was renounced, so the 1942 Championship was never […]
- FIFA Dictionary Definitions - According to abbreviationfinder, FIFA is the acronym for Fédération Internationale de Football Association. It is the institution that governs football federations throughout the world. It was founded on 21 of maypole in 1904 and is headquartered in the city of Zurich (Switzerland). It is part of the FA Board International, the body in charge of modifying the […]
- Organization of the Islamic Conference Dictionary Definitions - The Summit of Heads of State is the highest decision-making body within the Organization of the Islamic Conference (also known as OIC by abbreviationfinder). These summits have been held every three years since 1991. A Council composed of the Foreign Ministers of the Member States meets annually to decide how the OIC’s objectives and policies […]
- OIC Dictionary Definitions - According to abbreviationfinder, OIC stands for Organization of the Islamic Conference. The organization was founded in 1969 with the aim of promoting Islamic identity and spreading the message of Islam. The supreme leader is Secretary-General Iyad Ameen Madani. The organization works with current issues such as the Israel-Palestine conflict, terrorism and antagonisms between the Islamic […]
- Graduate Management Admission Test Dictionary Definitions - Some of the GMAT test questions are really difficult Also, time can be your worst enemy It’s harder to answer questions if you know you have less than 2 minutes to answer each one: you rush, you don’t do a good review, you make miscalculations, and you don’t retain much information from your readings Therefore, […]
- Return on Equity Dictionary Definitions 2 - Interpreting a high result Basically, a high return on equity is desirable. But a very high value has to be analyzed more and more closely. Where exactly does it come from, how did it come about, how is the company doing as a whole? Finally, it could also be that the high return on equity […]
- Return on Equity Dictionary Definitions - The return on equity (abbreviated: EKR) is one of the most important key figures, especially for investors and all those who hold shares in the company. We therefore take a closer look at what information is worth knowing about the return on equity and how it should be interpreted. Return on Equity Definition The return […]
- Business Account Dictionary Definitions 2 - Checklist can help to find the right account for your own company: Check basic fees Is there an interest rate on credit – what is it? Should a (short-term) credit line be available? What is the overdraft interest? Costs of bookings, direct debits, standing orders, account statements, etc. Are the account statements sent by post […]