FYI is an abbreviation for the English term “For your information”, in Spanish it means “for your information”. In the workplace, there is a set of codes at the time of sending communications by email or physical in order to save time and reach the other person a message in which it must be fulfilled, this is the case of the acronym FYI FYI is incorporated into the body or subject of the message, in order to indicate to the recipient that the information attached is solely and exclusively informative and, therefore, does not require a response.
Likewise, when the letter “J” is added at the beginning of the acronym “FYI”, that is, “JFYI” means “Just for your information” that in Spanish is the same as “only for your information”, it contemplates the same purpose is an informational message that does not require response or any action by the recipient.
As illustrated on a webpage of Abbreviationfinder.org, email matters or bodies have different acronyms that will be known by the worker as he becomes familiar with them, such as:
- “FYA” stands for “For your action” or “For your attention” which means “for your action” or “for your attention”, in this case, the recipient must answer the email and take action as far as requested in it.
- “FGY” means “For your guindance” translated into Spanish is “for your guidance”, it indicates that the email contains instructions that must be followed.
A gentilicio is that adjective or noun that indicates a relationship with a geographical place, be it a neighborhood, a town, a city, a state, a province, a region, a political entity, a country, a continent, etc. You can visit digopaul.com for more definitions.
The word, as such, comes from the Latin gentilicius, derived from gentīlis, which means ‘that it belongs to the same nation or to the same lineage’, hence it can also refer to people or nations, lineages or families.
In addition, the gentilicio can be substantiated, that is, instead of saying “the Mexican individual”, we can say “the Mexican”.
In the Spanish language, the gentilicios usually are formed with a vast variety of suffixes that are added to the root of the place name or name of the place of belonging, as, for example: -a, -aco, -aíno, -án, -ano, -ar, -ario, -asco, -eco, -ego, -enco, -eno, -ense, -year, -eo, -ero, -és, -esco, -í, -iego, -ino , -isco, -ita, -o, -ol, -ota, -uco and -uz, and their respective female variants.
There are also particular gentilicios, which are related to historical, cultural or traditional aspects, and which do not respond precisely to the normal formation of gentilicios. For example, the people of Alcalá de Henares, in Spain, are known as Complutense, as they derive from Complutum, a name with which the city was known in Roman times.
On the other hand, the name of each person usually corresponds to that of the place of birth or origin of the person. However, there is also the gentilicio by adoption, which is the one that is adopted when you have lived a long time in a place or when an attachment to the place where you reside is developed: “I am Lima from the heart”.
Gentilicio e hipocorístico
The gentilicio is the form by which we designate the persons belonging or natural of a certain place. On the other hand, the hypocoristic is the designation by which people of a certain place are called by affection, and that over time they acquired a certain value of affectionate, friendly and even jocular treatment, such as the chilangos in Mexico City, the cachacos in Bogotá, Buenos Aires in Buenos Aires, Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico or Costa Ricans. At the beginning, some of the hypocorists were pejorative, but over time they acquired a certain affectionate, friendly or jocular value.
- Business Administration Dictionary Definitions - Business administration, or “BA” for short by abbreviationfinder, is part of the field of economics. One of their goals is to run a company in such a way that the goods used are handled economically due to their scarcity. In this way, entrepreneurial decisions should be made even more well-founded (and of course for the […]
- VC Dictionary Definitions - The term venture capital or VC comes from the USA and describes the provision of equity-like capital or liable equity. As far as the provision of venture capital is concerned, this is limited in time to a term of between three and ten years and is also contractually stipulated. For this, however, the provision of […]
- Red Panda Dictionary Definitions - The red panda is a high-flying Asian. The red panda lives in very remote bamboo forests at an altitude of over 4000 meters in the eastern Himalayas. It can therefore be experienced when hiking, trekking or mountaineering in stunning Nepal , China , Bhutan or Burma. The red panda is easy to see in its […]
- Elephant Dictionary Definitions - The elephant is the world’s largest living mammal on land. It is magnificent and majestic when it thrones its way through the savannah or the Asian rainforest. The elephant is a working animal that possesses massive powers. It has no natural enemies other than man, and is thus a highly respected animal of its surroundings. […]
- Search Engine Dictionary Definitions - A search engine is a program used to find files, documents, and web pages. Most commonly, they are desktop or web search engines. While desktop search engines are only intended for local hard drives, web search engines scour the entire Internet. The best known web search engine is Google. In 1996, Altavista and HotBot, the […]
- SSL Dictionary Definitions - The secure transmission of data over the Internet has gained enormous importance today. More and more issues in daily life are being run over the web. With each of these actions, more or less sensitive data is exchanged. The protocol TCP / IP, which was mainly used up to now, was designed primarily for the […]
- PowerPoint Dictionary Definitions - If you are planning a presentation or a lecture in which you want to illustrate your content to your audience, modern presentation software is ideal. Microsoft PowerPoint has been the market leader in this segment for decades. Here you can find out which extensive possibilities the MS Office application offers you, which installation requirements you […]
- Input Tax Deduction Dictionary Definitions - The input tax deduction entitles the entrepreneur to deduct the turnover tax paid by him (the so-called input tax) from his turnover tax liability. Input tax deduction – offsetting received and paid input tax As the term input tax deduction expresses, i.e. the deduction of input tax , the entrepreneur offsets the sales tax paid […]
- High-tech Start-up Fund Dictionary Definitions Part II - High-Tech Start-up Fund conditions for financing The HTGF sets some conditions for financing . These are at a glance: In the first round of financing, you as the founder can receive up to one million euros . The HTGF will set aside a maximum of a further 2 million euros for follow-up financing. This is […]
- Powerline Dictionary Definitions - Every room has at least one socket – why not use it for Internet access thanks to dLAN? What few people know is called Powerline and sounds very promising for all those who struggle with Internet access problems in their home network. Whether it is the weak WLAN signal arriving or the laying of LAN […]