FYI is an abbreviation for the English term “For your information”, in Spanish it means “for your information”. In the workplace, there is a set of codes at the time of sending communications by email or physical in order to save time and reach the other person a message in which it must be fulfilled, this is the case of the acronym FYI FYI is incorporated into the body or subject of the message, in order to indicate to the recipient that the information attached is solely and exclusively informative and, therefore, does not require a response.
Likewise, when the letter “J” is added at the beginning of the acronym “FYI”, that is, “JFYI” means “Just for your information” that in Spanish is the same as “only for your information”, it contemplates the same purpose is an informational message that does not require response or any action by the recipient.
As illustrated on a webpage of Abbreviationfinder.org, email matters or bodies have different acronyms that will be known by the worker as he becomes familiar with them, such as:
- “FYA” stands for “For your action” or “For your attention” which means “for your action” or “for your attention”, in this case, the recipient must answer the email and take action as far as requested in it.
- “FGY” means “For your guindance” translated into Spanish is “for your guidance”, it indicates that the email contains instructions that must be followed.
A gentilicio is that adjective or noun that indicates a relationship with a geographical place, be it a neighborhood, a town, a city, a state, a province, a region, a political entity, a country, a continent, etc. You can visit digopaul.com for more definitions.
The word, as such, comes from the Latin gentilicius, derived from gentīlis, which means ‘that it belongs to the same nation or to the same lineage’, hence it can also refer to people or nations, lineages or families.
In addition, the gentilicio can be substantiated, that is, instead of saying “the Mexican individual”, we can say “the Mexican”.
In the Spanish language, the gentilicios usually are formed with a vast variety of suffixes that are added to the root of the place name or name of the place of belonging, as, for example: -a, -aco, -aíno, -án, -ano, -ar, -ario, -asco, -eco, -ego, -enco, -eno, -ense, -year, -eo, -ero, -és, -esco, -í, -iego, -ino , -isco, -ita, -o, -ol, -ota, -uco and -uz, and their respective female variants.
There are also particular gentilicios, which are related to historical, cultural or traditional aspects, and which do not respond precisely to the normal formation of gentilicios. For example, the people of Alcalá de Henares, in Spain, are known as Complutense, as they derive from Complutum, a name with which the city was known in Roman times.
On the other hand, the name of each person usually corresponds to that of the place of birth or origin of the person. However, there is also the gentilicio by adoption, which is the one that is adopted when you have lived a long time in a place or when an attachment to the place where you reside is developed: “I am Lima from the heart”.
Gentilicio e hipocorístico
The gentilicio is the form by which we designate the persons belonging or natural of a certain place. On the other hand, the hypocoristic is the designation by which people of a certain place are called by affection, and that over time they acquired a certain value of affectionate, friendly and even jocular treatment, such as the chilangos in Mexico City, the cachacos in Bogotá, Buenos Aires in Buenos Aires, Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico or Costa Ricans. At the beginning, some of the hypocorists were pejorative, but over time they acquired a certain affectionate, friendly or jocular value.
- Return on Equity Dictionary Definitions 2 - Interpreting a high result Basically, a high return on equity is desirable. But a very high value has to be analyzed more and more closely. Where exactly does it come from, how did it come about, how is the company doing as a whole? Finally, it could also be that the high return on equity […]
- Return on Equity Dictionary Definitions - The return on equity (abbreviated: EKR) is one of the most important key figures, especially for investors and all those who hold shares in the company. We therefore take a closer look at what information is worth knowing about the return on equity and how it should be interpreted. Return on Equity Definition The return […]
- Business Account Dictionary Definitions 2 - Checklist can help to find the right account for your own company: Check basic fees Is there an interest rate on credit – what is it? Should a (short-term) credit line be available? What is the overdraft interest? Costs of bookings, direct debits, standing orders, account statements, etc. Are the account statements sent by post […]
- Business Account Dictionary Definitions - First of all, is to affirm that it to you for business start-up is not required by law and the continuation of a company to open a business account and to lead. However, a clean and clear separation of private and business financial transactions makes a lot of sense for you. For this reason alone, […]
- Actual Merchant Dictionary Definitions Part II - Occupation of the merchant status – burden of proof In principle, everyone who operates a trade is considered to be an actual businessman. As already described, there are certain exceptions. However, these exceptions are not clearly subject to regulation on the part of the legislature . Therefore, in most cases, the assumption of merchant status […]
- Actual Merchant Dictionary Definitions Part I - If you are a are running commercial enterprise , then you have, according to the Commercial Code in accordance with § 1 the status of a merchant, and between here in most cases Istkaufmann , Can Kaufmann can be distinguished, and other species. It does not matter here whether you run the trade alone or […]
- Solidarity Surcharge Dictionary Definitions - In 1991 the so-called solidarity surcharge was introduced in the Federal Republic of Germany. This is a surcharge on the payable capital gains tax , corporation tax and income tax . Initially, the introduction of the solidarity surcharge was a reaction to the costs that were expected from the reunification of the two German states. In addition, other reasons were mentioned, such as the Gulf […]
- Business Administration Dictionary Definitions - Business administration, or “BA” for short by abbreviationfinder, is part of the field of economics. One of their goals is to run a company in such a way that the goods used are handled economically due to their scarcity. In this way, entrepreneurial decisions should be made even more well-founded (and of course for the […]
- VC Dictionary Definitions - The term venture capital or VC comes from the USA and describes the provision of equity-like capital or liable equity. As far as the provision of venture capital is concerned, this is limited in time to a term of between three and ten years and is also contractually stipulated. For this, however, the provision of […]
- Red Panda Dictionary Definitions - The red panda is a high-flying Asian. The red panda lives in very remote bamboo forests at an altitude of over 4000 meters in the eastern Himalayas. It can therefore be experienced when hiking, trekking or mountaineering in stunning Nepal , China , Bhutan or Burma. The red panda is easy to see in its […]