FYI is an abbreviation for the English term “For your information”, in Spanish it means “for your information”. In the workplace, there is a set of codes at the time of sending communications by email or physical in order to save time and reach the other person a message in which it must be fulfilled, this is the case of the acronym FYI FYI is incorporated into the body or subject of the message, in order to indicate to the recipient that the information attached is solely and exclusively informative and, therefore, does not require a response.
Likewise, when the letter “J” is added at the beginning of the acronym “FYI”, that is, “JFYI” means “Just for your information” that in Spanish is the same as “only for your information”, it contemplates the same purpose is an informational message that does not require response or any action by the recipient.
As illustrated on a webpage of Abbreviationfinder.org, email matters or bodies have different acronyms that will be known by the worker as he becomes familiar with them, such as:
- “FYA” stands for “For your action” or “For your attention” which means “for your action” or “for your attention”, in this case, the recipient must answer the email and take action as far as requested in it.
- “FGY” means “For your guindance” translated into Spanish is “for your guidance”, it indicates that the email contains instructions that must be followed.
A gentilicio is that adjective or noun that indicates a relationship with a geographical place, be it a neighborhood, a town, a city, a state, a province, a region, a political entity, a country, a continent, etc.
The word, as such, comes from the Latin gentilicius, derived from gentīlis, which means ‘that it belongs to the same nation or to the same lineage’, hence it can also refer to people or nations, lineages or families.
In addition, the gentilicio can be substantiated, that is, instead of saying “the Mexican individual”, we can say “the Mexican”.
In the Spanish language, the gentilicios usually are formed with a vast variety of suffixes that are added to the root of the place name or name of the place of belonging, as, for example: -a, -aco, -aíno, -án, -ano, -ar, -ario, -asco, -eco, -ego, -enco, -eno, -ense, -year, -eo, -ero, -és, -esco, -í, -iego, -ino , -isco, -ita, -o, -ol, -ota, -uco and -uz, and their respective female variants.
There are also particular gentilicios, which are related to historical, cultural or traditional aspects, and which do not respond precisely to the normal formation of gentilicios. For example, the people of Alcalá de Henares, in Spain, are known as Complutense, as they derive from Complutum, a name with which the city was known in Roman times.
On the other hand, the name of each person usually corresponds to that of the place of birth or origin of the person. However, there is also the gentilicio by adoption, which is the one that is adopted when you have lived a long time in a place or when an attachment to the place where you reside is developed: “I am Lima from the heart”.
Gentilicio e hipocorístico
The gentilicio is the form by which we designate the persons belonging or natural of a certain place. On the other hand, the hypocoristic is the designation by which people of a certain place are called by affection, and that over time they acquired a certain value of affectionate, friendly and even jocular treatment, such as the chilangos in Mexico City, the cachacos in Bogotá, Buenos Aires in Buenos Aires, Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico or Costa Ricans. At the beginning, some of the hypocorists were pejorative, but over time they acquired a certain affectionate, friendly or jocular value.
- Carney Complex Dictionary Definitions - Patients with the Carney complex suffer from cardiovascular symptoms from hormonal disorders and myxomas. The disease is a mutation-related hereditary disease. Treatment is symptomatic supportive and primarily includes the surgical removal or monitoring of myxomas and other tumors. What is a Carney Complex? So-called myxomas are benign tumors made of unformed connective tissue and slimy […]
- Berylliosis Dictionary Definitions - When beryllium disease is a poisoning of the human body with the chemical element beryllium. The substance belongs to the metals and leads to acute or chronic berylliasis in certain groups of people. Substances containing beryllium can also trigger the disease. Berylliosis is one of the so-called dust pneumonia (medical term malignant pneumoconiosis). What is […]
- Missed Period Dictionary Definitions - Various forms of menstrual cycle disorders, such as heavy or weak menstruation, can occur in every woman in all walks of life, without a pathological background. However, if the period does not occur over a longer period of time, the gynecologist speaks of amenorrhea. The causes are varied, the therapy is based on the cause […]
- Personal Computer Dictionary Definitions - According to abbreviationfinder, Personal Computer is also known as PC. From the English Personal Computer is a microcomputer compatible with the IBM PC and designed to be used by a single person at a time, although some operating systems (such as UNIX, XENIX, LINUX and others) allow several users to work simultaneously (from consoles connected to the central […]
- GCC Dictionary Definitions - GCC. It is a compiler for GNU considered standard for operating systems derived from UNIX, the code open or also proprietary operating systems like Mac OS X. The acronym GCC stands for GNU Compiler Collection. Before this acronym for GNU C Compiler (GNU C Compiler). As its name suggests, it is a collection of compilers and […]
- Autoimmune Hepatitis Dictionary Definitions - In autoimmune hepatitis is a rare disease of the liver. In the further course of the disease, the organism develops antibodies that damage its own liver. If left untreated, the patient can die. What is autoimmune hepatitis? Abbreviated as AIH by abbreviationfinder, autoimmune hepatitis is not caused by viruses. Instead, it comes to a dysregulation, […]
- Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome Dictionary Definitions - The superior mesenteric artery syndrome is a compression syndrome that leads to upper abdominal pain, difficult food intake and nausea and even vomiting. Patients often suffer from malnutrition, which those around them often mistake for the consequences of an eating disorder. Treatment is mostly invasive and consists of decompression that allows normal food intake again. […]
- Aicardi-Goutières Syndrome Dictionary Definitions - The Aicardi-Goutières syndrome is an extremely rare autosomal recessive gene mutation that triggers a genetically heterogeneous developmental disorder in the brains of some three-month-old infants and in addition severe motor impairment with spasticity and epilepsy associated. For severe phenotypes, a maximum life expectancy of ten years is a guideline, although milder phenotypes with RNASEH2B mutations […]
- Acute Abdomen Dictionary Definitions - The sudden occurrence of gastrointestinal diseases is reflected in various abnormalities that can be used for diagnostic purposes. An acute abdomen is usually an indication that urgent medical attention is needed. What is an Acute Abdomen? The acute abdomen is about painful complaints that primarily occur in the area of the abdomen. The term acute […]
- Shift-left Testing Dictionary Definitions - What is shift-left testing? Two ideals collide in software development: quality and speed of development. If you work too fast, you risk making mistakes. Anyone who pays attention to quality takes too long. Shift Left Testing is a tool to defuse the collision. Software development traditionally follows the so-called waterfall model. The following phases are […]