The glass cloth is resistant wall covering used to hide small irregularities on the wall and to consolidate it.
The glass cloth is almost laying the same way as the wallpaper (not need to soak). She settles on walls or ceilings in plaster, concrete, wood, etc. It may be painted or covered by a wall covering, such as tiles.
In Which case Put the Glass Cloth?
The glass cloth will hide the irregularities of the wall, but also to consolidate it. It prevents cracks to widen and even to form.
Ask the glass cloth on a wall that has many cracks, or significant cracks. Cracks can be located at a place of the wall, or extend over the entire surface.
Entoiler Partially or Totally The Wall?
Depending on the condition of the wall and the number of cracks that includes, you can choose to entoiler partially or totally.
- Choose entoiler partially a wall when it has one or localized cracks. After recapped, place a glass cloth strip along the crack.
- Entoilez totally the wall it has many flaws or cracks, lying on its entire surface. Ask strips of glass cloth, the same as the wallpaper, and cover the wall in its entirety.
Case 1: Entoilez partially a wall
Cap the crack to consolidate before entoiler partially the wall. The glass cloth will consolidate the wall and to prevent the crack from forming again.
In case you are covering only one crack:
- Start by expanding the crack using a spatula.
- Clean the crack with a brush to remove debris and dust.
- Fill the cracks with spackle.
- Smooth with a spatula and let dry plaster the time indicated on the package.
Once the dry mortar, sand with a rock to sand to remove any rough edges.
Glue the glass cloth tape
Cut a strip of glass cloth slightly wider than the crack:
- Ask glue along the crack using a scrubbing brush.
- Glue the fabric strip from the top.
- Tap the brush-brush to secure the glass cloth tape and let dry.
Case 2: Entoilez totally a wall
Before entoiler totally a wall prepare it. The wall must be dry, clean and have no irregularities:
- To put the glass cloth on a plaster wall , check its strength and seal its key holes and cracks.
- To put the glass cloth on a painted wall , you need sanding or stripping paint.
After all all cracks and resealed, determine the dimensions of the strips of glass cloth, coat the glue wall and place the canvas.
What if moisture on the wall?
It is not possible to entoiler a damp wall. First Treat moisture problems on the walls before putting the glass cloth wallpaper listed on InternetDict.
How to tell if a plaster wall is wet? This is true to touch with bare hands: moisture feels. If necessary, there are also devices for measuring the internal moisture of the walls.
It is best to call a professional to determine the cause of the damp walls. He will advise you on solutions to address moisture effectively.
Determine the length and width of a strip
The glass cloth arises in the same way as the wallpaper. Before laying the canvas, measure and cut strips:
- Start by measuring the length of the roll to determine the width of the strips.
- Measure and make a mark on the wall with a plumb line and a felt: he will ask the first drop straight
- Cut the strips with a cutter and a ruler, providing a margin of about 5 centimeters at the top and bottom of the wall.
Coat the glue Wall
Coat the glue for wall glass cloth with a roller.
- Start by protecting the floor with plastic sheeting.
- Dip the roller into the glue for charging.Wring out the glue pot rim to remove excess glue.
- Ask glue roller from the top of the wall.Spread glue on the vertical stripes. Overlap the tape to leave no areas without glue.
- Glue does not entire surface once the glue can dry before you’ve finished asking all hanging. Ask glue gradually as and when you paste hanging.
Note : clean the roller without delay as soon as you finish sticking all hanging.
Place the first strip
Ask the sheeting from the top of the wall.
- Follow the line you have drawn.
- Do not forget to leave a margin of about 5cm, then cut the edges afterwards.
- Put your hand in the width for wall mounting.
Smooth With a Spatula
Once glued lé, we must smooth immediately.
- Smooth with the spatula to remove air bubbles or the overflow glue.
- Perform movements from the top down, from the center to the edges of the web.
- Wipe the overflow of glue on the edges.
- Place the second width aligning the edge on one of the first strip.
- Expel the air bubbles and overflow glue.
- Do the same for the following strips.
Cut the Edges
Once all the strips are placed, cut the protruding edges at the baseboards and ceiling, use it for a craft knife and a spatula.
- Ask the spatula along the ceiling or baseboard.
- Cut the excess with the cutter guiding you along the spatula.
- Press the blade well for not having the board.
Place the wall covering
Once the fiberglass laid, you can paint or put a wall covering.
Not until about 48 hours after laying before painting or tiling on the glass cloth.
Paint on the glass cloth
It is common to paint the glass cloth. Moreover there are glasses of paintings with different motives.
The glass cloth is a resistant coating on which it is possible to be tiled.
Textured Wallpaper at Rs 975 /roll
Bronze Wallpaper for Homes
Piet Hein Eek Black Marble Wallpaper
Leopard Print Vinyl Decal | vinyl | Pinterest
Free optical art stripes wallpaper patterns
Free bold cross wallpaper patterns
Free sparkly star wallpaper patterns
Free simple woven leaves wallpaper patterns
Grolsch Redesigned on Packaging of the World
Free pin stripe wallpaper patterns
Free circuit board wallpaper patterns
Classic Cupboard | Piet Hein Eek
Bedside Table in Scrapwood | Piet Hein Eek
Home Textiles for Curtains & Upholstery in Dubai, Dubai …
Faux Peony Bouquet – Caitlin Wilson
Colourful dining room with bright colors
Buy Grass Wallpaper 2015 Straw Hat Natural Material Paper …
brushed silver texture metal surface thick line metallic …